Distinguish of official page and claimed page of linkedin

linkedin

Here’s someone’s opinion: it’s quite difficult to distinguish between official and claimed pages. The official pages could be seen on their official websites, and should be post something on their LinkedIn at least.
For example,

My opinion : Currently, sites like other data sites (Crunchbase, Pitchbook, angle.co, etc.) don’t seem to differentiate between the official page and the claimed page.

1. Not all official Linkedin pages are on the website. For example, i couldn’t find Golden’s Linkedin on Golden’s website
  2. Even if there is nothing posted on Linkedin, there are cases where it is the official Linkedin. For example, can find this link( https://www.linkedin.com/company/revoluterobotics/ ) on the website, but didn’t post anything on the page.
    There was a case like this I found Linkedin on linktr.ee, which is not on the website but is attached to Twitter.

I saw this comment on Discord.

What do other community members think?

Do you think we should distinguish between official page and claimed page of linkedin?

Hi! It’s my comment on that image. I’ve discussed with @CCCYC_8255 on Discord before. I’m concerned about data quality from non-official (i.e., claimed page) there especially when LinkedIn is a Minimum Disambiguation Triple (MDT) for both company and person entities.

There are 4 cases for this issue. The 1st and 2nd case is fine — just accept that triples.

1. Official LinkedIn link is on official website, and LinkedIn page is active.
  2. Official LinkedIn link is on official website, but LinkedIn page doesn’t post anything.
  3. Official LinkedIn link isn’t on official website, but LinkedIn page is active. For example, Golden LinkedIn isn’t on both Golden.xyz and Golden.com
  4. Official LinkedIn link isn’t on official website, and LinkedIn page doesn’t post anything.

The 3rd case is quite difficult to distinguish especially when the validators aren’t not familiar with the triples topics, and the 4th case is the most difficult because there are claimed pages on LinkedIn as well. Some claimed pages are full of details (such as Aoyama Gakuin University), so some submitters may submit these kinds of info from claimed pages and submit these claimed pages in LinkedIn predicate.

Another LinkedIn page type is unclaimed page (such as Daito Bunka University), but it’s easy to distinguish to reject that triples.

Do other community members have any ideas on this issue?
Please share more examples on the 3rd and 4th case if you have some. Thank you :pray: