Introducing a referral programme

Motivation

At the moment there is a community recognition reward

Each month, we will recognize up to 5 users who helped grow the community and made it more accessible. We want to highlight those bringing in and onboarding new members to Discord, pushing forward discussions on Discourse, or promoting Golden through other channels all help grow our community.

However, one may argue that despite bringing in and onboarding new members to Discord is undoubtedly a meaningful contribution, the main aim of Golden, nevertheless, is to bring in and onboard new users of Golden itself.

In this respect, a targeted incentivized programme could be of a help.

Overview

I suggest starting a referral programme within the Golden itself to bring in new users.

In order to minimize the risk of gamification or any other abuse, it is suggested that only long-standing and reliable contributors could take part in the referral programme.

Criteria for being recognised as a long-standing and reliable contributor:

1. Scored at least 10.000 points.
  2. Performed at least 500 triples and 1000 validations.
  3. Accuracy > 80%.

Once proved to be a long-standing and reliable contributor a user will be provided with an access to the referral programme, by assigning him/her a unique referral link/code.

The referral link/code could be freely spread to attract new editors to Golden. However, the inviter will not be eligible for any rewards from an invitee’s activity until an invitee proves to be a responsible editor.

Criteria for responsible invitee:

1. Perform at least 100 triples and 100 validations.
  2. Accuracy > 70%.

Please note that a new user who uses a referral code to sign in to Golden is not subject to any trial period and can immediately start gaining point in accordance with general rules.

Once an invitee(s) proved to be reliable, an inviter will start receiving rewards for their activity, which are calculated as % from the points received by invitees, in accordance with the following tiers:

Tier 1. - 0,5%

1. Perform at least 100 triples and 100 validations.
  2. Accuracy > 70%.

Tier 2. - 1%

1. Perform at least 1 000 triples and/or 3000 validations.
  2. Accuracy > 80%.

Tier 3. - 1,5%

1. Perform at least 7 000 triples and/or 10.000 validations.
  2. Accuracy > 90%.

Incentive for invitees

One may argue that there is no motivation for new users to join Golden via referral links. Therefore, it is proposed to incentivise them in the following manner.

For each additional 1000 points the inviter gets, his/her invitees will receive 10 (Tier 1), 20 (Tier 2), 30 (Tier 3) points. At the same time, to avoid a situation that all new users will seek to obtain referral links of the top users only, it is suggested that incentivized rewards will be obtained by top 10 users for each Tier.

PS. Would be happy hear any feedback or suggestions on how to make the system better.

1 Like

Hi. You have described very mild conditions.

2 and 3 I can do in one day. They need to tighten up of course. If you leave it as it is, many will start adding bots and scoring themselves points.
We should immediately resolve the issue with the removal and detection of bots (which at this time the team and does). After that, the program has such a place.

You wrote the article very well, it was pleasant and clear to read it. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

In general, the issue of referral links has already been raised, even when I wrote about it in the discord. ))) In general, I like the direction of referral links, but I am categorically against it!!! “Please note that a new user who uses a referral code to sign in to Golden is not subject to any trial period and can immediately start gaining point in accordance with general rules.” Even the current contributors do a very poor job of validating, I have a few thousand hanging around!! I’m waiting for the appeal process to be implemented! For all new participants, it is necessary to create a validation test environment with an increase in the validation of the value of triplets, for example:

Level 1. checking web addresses and social networks networks because it is easy to check and appeal - 1000 checks; number of errors 3%
Level 2 - check CEO, Founders and so on 2000 checks; number of errors 7%
Level 3 - checking addresses, phones, email - 3000 checks; number of errors 10%

And only after that, the inviting party will be able to start receiving rewards as you have and indicated in the offer. The same should be the responsibility of the inviting party in the form of fines for those invited in the 2nd size.

In the long term, this is very interesting, as it will allow you to form your own team for preparing triplets and validation. Maybe even some kind of chat with invited participants inside your personal account for general coordination of the invited team!

1 Like

Hey! Thank u very much for the positive feedback! The criteria will definitely be fine tuned along the way. Tbh, I just described what I managed to do (it took me several month) :joy: . I suppose the team could set the criteria more accurate cause they have all the neccessary statistics

Thanks for your comments! Yeah, I saw your comments in Discord.

Actually, your idea about some kind of a probation period for new users is quite interesting and I believe it deserves a separate proposal as it concerns not only referrals but the sign up process in general. Would be glad to get involved in the discussion.

The same should be the responsibility of the inviting party in the form of fines

This also sounds promising, I did not even thought about it. It might raise the level of accuracy indeed. Im just not sure whether it’s possible to design it in a fair way. Just a reflection on the spot, what if a refferal link is spread without an owner notice? For example, the Inviter gave the link to 5 people he/she confident in, but they distributed it further, so will it be fair that an inviter is fined because of the people he/she does not even know?
Hmm, maybe after using a link a new user should be approved by the owner of the link in order to avoid such situations? What do u think?

Yes, it would be cool if the owner of the link could confirm or exclude from the team. Then it is really possible to form teams within the community.