Predicate Proposal - ENS Name

Field Name: ENS Name

Definition: The Ethereum Name Service (ENS) is a distributed, open, and extensible naming system based on the Ethereum blockchain. ENS’s job is to map human-readable names like ‘alice.eth’ to machine-readable identifiers such as Ethereum addresses, other cryptocurrency addresses, content hashes, and metadata.

Value statement: Since Golden promotes WEB3, the ENS, which are WEB3 usernames, would be good attributes for entities data stored on Golden. Could be a valuable addition to an entity’s website. There are currently 2,17 mln ENS names registered.

Tooltip definition of the predicate: The Ethereum Name Service of an entity

Type of value: text

#of accepted values: single

Constraints: only applies when subject “is a” = “Person”, “Company” or “Organization”

Citation Required?: yes

Also known as: Ethereum Name Service, ENS Address

Examples of proper use:

Examples of improper use:

• Vitalik Buterin’ ‘[ENS Name]’ is ‘{vitalikk.eth}’. Citation .
    Reason - The ENS name does not correspond either to the ENS explorer page associated with the predicate, nor is indicated by the owner.
  • Worldcoin’ ‘[ENS Name]’ is ‘{worldtoken.eth}’. Citation
1 Like

It’s interesting, but there aren’t many public addresses, as many people don’t want to show their address publicly.

That’s a fair point, but I hope with time and WEB3 development it will become more popular

1 Like

Assembling ens sounds exciting, what web3 should look like

1 Like

Despite the unavailability of many addresses, I’m still in favor of this proposal as a promotion of this part of web3, however, what resources to use to determine the validity of the address of this or that object in question?

1 Like

This definitely seems interesting, but I agree that not a huge number of these seem to be public?

Also, maybe personA has the “somename.eth” for a year, has it as their Twitter name for a few months, then removes it from Twitter and gives the ENS name up. Then personB takes the “somename.eth” name. With a website it’s pretty trivial to click on a link to check if it’s going to one entity or a new entity, but with ENS you’d have to check the wallet address and see if it’s changed?

I’d be worried about data getting added once, but then going out of date in a way that makes it very difficult to fix/correct.

I share your worries tbh… the way out might be to check the ENS explorer that shows other attributes associated with a particular ENS name. Like in the example of Worldcoin, if u check the ENS name u will find information on the website and some socials.

Anyway, imo where are pretty much in the same situation. with ENS as we had with websites in 90-s, ownership could be volatile at the beginning, but with time it will be more stable.