Field Name: Location
Definition: Location is the geographical location of an entity, such as a company, organization, or educational institute. The location should refer to the most specific geographic location of an entity, such as a city rather than the broader country where it is located.
The location should be current location of an entity, not a past office, home, or other past location. The location where a person was born belongs to ‘Place of Birth’ rather than ‘Location’.
Location should be a physical location, not a post office box.
Any entity may have multiple locations, such as a company with multiple office locations.
The location should be verified by a source owned or controlled by the entity, such as a company webpage, a LinkedIn profile, or an official social media account.
Tooltip definition of the predicate: Geographical location of an entity.
Type of value (one of the following): entity
Number of accepted values (one of the following): multiple
- Subject must be: “Is a”: Company, Organization,Venture Capital Firm, Person, Port, Educational Institute, Event.
- Object must be “Is a” “Location”
- When “Is a” is “Person”, Location does not apply to a person who has died.
- Does not apply to fictional places or people.
Citation Required?: yes
Examples of proper use:
- ‘Genentech’ ‘Location’ is ‘South San Francisco, California’ - citation: Genentech: Visit us
- ‘Genentech’ ‘Location’ is Oceanside, California’ - citation: Genentech: Visit us
- ‘Kyocera Corporation’ ‘Location’ is ‘Fushimi-ku, Kyoto’ citation: Headquarters | KYOCERA Group Global Network | About | KYOCERA
- ‘California Institute of Technology’ ‘Location’ is ‘Pasadena, California’ Citation: Contact Us | www.caltech.edu
Examples of improper use:
- ‘Genentech’ ‘Location’ is ‘California’ is incorrect because while Genetech is located in California, the more specific locations are South San Francisco and Oceanside.
- ‘Genentech’ ‘Location’ is ‘United States’ is incorrect because while Genetech is located in California, the more specific locations are South San Francisco, Oceanside, and Vacaville.
- ‘Marilyn Monroe’ ‘Location’ is ‘Los Angeles’ is incorrect because the entity is not a living person.