Predicate Proposal - Official Jobs/Careers Page

Field Name: Official Jobs/Careers Page

Type of value: url

Number of values accepted: single

Tooltip description: Officia web page for jobs an employer offers

Full description:

Examples of proper use:

• Apple (company)’ → ‘Official jobs URL’ → ‘https://www.apple.com/careers/’ - This is a correct, because this is the official website of the company, which contains information about employment
  • Golden’ → ‘Official jobs URL’ → ‘Careers | Golden’ - This is a correct, because this is the official website of the company, which contains information about employment

Examples of improper use:

Usage in other schemas:

Constraints: Only applies when Subject has the “Is a” value “Company” and “Organization”

Citation Required? : No

1 Like

I think it was pretty interesting. But what kind of control over updating this section, since the “Career” section is updated quite often.

I don’t think control is necessary. There is a website with information about work. The address is permanent.

1 Like

We need to understand that we should not upload job information to the Golden site. We do link to the website with this information.

Yes, thanks for the comment. I will support your proposal when it is put to a vote.

1 Like

@technopoint2020 I like this proposal, and agree it is valuable information. Two minor considerations:

1. Not sure if the title might be better as Official Jobs/Careers Page, or something similar to include “careers”

2. I think even though the title says “Official” it might to add an example of improper use to show that a company’s job/career page on a third party site is not valid. For example,

IBM - Official Jobs URL - Indeed - IBM

1 Like

I agree with you. Corrected the name of the predicate.

Added an example of improper use.

1 Like

This is an interesting proposal, but one case that I’m concerned about is many companies have two separate pages for these purposes: a company jobs/careers page promoting the company as a place to work, and an entirely separate page where those job listings live.

Even at Golden we have a careers page: Careers | Golden and then a separate listings page: Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.

They’re both valuable, but for different purposes.