Predicate Proposal - Сreative work IMDb ID/url

Field Name: Сreative work IMDb ID/url
Field type: text
Number of values accepted: single
Tooltip description: The IMDb ID/url associated with this entity
Full description: The IMDb ID/url that is used for this entity. An entity can be creative work (Movie, TV show, etc.)

Examples of proper use:

• identify/capture IMDb ID/url for a given creative work.

Examples of incorrect use:

Format as url: true
URL format: "https://www.imdb.com/title/{:id}"

Example

1 Like

Usage in other schemas:
Usage in wikidata: IMDb ID - Wikidata

@technopoint2020 This looks good to me. Based on some errors I have seen in the past it might be worth adding an additional example of incorrect use to clarify that the IMDb link should be for the correct version of a movie, in the case of remakes of movies. For example:

Incorrect use:
Golden entity for 1976 film “The Bad News Bears” The Bad News Bears - Wiki | Golden
IMDb ID/url for the 2005 remake of the film “The Bad News Bears” Bad News Bears (2005) - IMDb
[correct IMDb ID/url: The Bad News Bears (1976) - IMDb]

1 Like

@jen I added your example to the post.

1 Like

This looks great to me, too. And directly applicable to a large number of “Creative Work” entities. Thanks for submitting it!

1 Like

What decision are we waiting for?

I would not accept this offer, since there are a lot of similar sites, in different directions you can also find different sites that have enough information. Example 1. popular movie site, (analogous to Kinopoisk.) - predicate (almost all the information is there too) 2.Steam is a popular predicate for games, there is also a lot of information there. But these 2 examples are not needed, because there are a lot of such IMD examples, we don’t need to spread out.

I don’t think its needed since there are a lot of such websites very similar in essence like imdb and kinopoisk

3 Likes

IMDb is a pretty well-known and well-used reference site on movies/TV/etc. Approving this predicate doesn’t mean that we can’t include others in the future.

For example, just because we have a Twitter url predicate doesn’t mean we can’t create a predicate for another social network in the future. If you check Wikidata, there are a huge number of sites with their own identification system. For example, search for “Identifiers” on this page - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Wikidata

1 Like

IMDb is one of the most famous and popular sites in the world. If I’m not mistaken, then the Kinopoisk has only in Russian language, so it does not fit the Golden format, since the content within the site must be exclusively in English.

ok, but the main problem is that the page on imdb is not managed by the producers of films, which can lead to the appearance of unreliable or outdated information.

Creative work IMDb URL predicate vote

• Yes, implement this predicate
  • No - do not implement

0 voters

Based on the voting above, the predicate definition above has been approved. It will be added as a web3 predicate in Golden soon!

This thread will now be closed and tagged appropriately.

1 Like